Friday, August 9, 2024

A Thorn In The Flesh!

 

His Power is Perfect!

Person reading book praying with Bible

 

 

A Thorn in The Flesh!

 

Think about our dear brother Paul who had an irritating demon bothering him everywhere he went! Wow, that must have been difficult to deal with, right? Also think about Job. Satan came to bother him, and the Lord allowed that, but He didn't let him completely destroy him. God put a limit on what Satan could do. In all that trial it caused a greater dependence on God. Job continued to praise the Lord and so did Paul. He had a thorn in his flesh, and he still praised the Lord and went about doing the Lord's work. Was it hard? You betcha! 

No matter what the enemy has brought against us and for whatever reason we can say thank you Father for your grace! We can choose to praise God before our breakthrough. In fact, that's the song I woke up with this morning. It's called "Praise before my breakthrough." It's a wonderful song you might want to listen to. We can trust in and rely on God's grace through the trial. 

Look at the Amplified Bible talking about the thorn, (1 Corinthians 12:7-9) it says "because of the surpassing greatness and extraordinary nature of the revelations which I received from God for this reason to keep me from thinking of myself as important, a thorn in the flesh was given to me a messenger of Satan to torment and harass me to keep me from exalting myself. Concerning this I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might leave me, but he has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you and my loving kindness, and my mercy are more than enough, always available regardless of the situation, for my power is being perfected, and is completed and shows itself most effectively in your weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly boast in my weakness, so that the power of Christ may completely enfold me and may dwell in me. 

Praise the Lord! We think about a thorn as a harassing spirit from the enemy. Now job had sickness come on him and many of us have had different kinds of trials come in that way. The enemy does seek to come and harass, and he seeks to bring discouragement, and he seeks to try to get us disappointed and frustrated and angry. But we aren't going to do that because we know that we know that in all these things God makes us more than conquerors! 

Philippians 2:6 reminds us that God began a good work in us, and He will bring it to completion in the day of Christ Jesus. He will work in that situation and through it, and He will finish it all the way up to when Jesus comes back for us. That's when our sanctification process will be completely done and not until then. We can praise the Lord because we go further with this and realize that in 1 Corinthians 15:57 we are reminded that we can say "thanks be to God who always gives us the victory. Another verse talks about how He always causes us to triumph. 

Friend, I know what it's like to have a thorn in the flesh and it is not pleasant! I've had one since 2019 and it's only by His grace that I'm alive to tell about it today. And I'm so thankful for what he has done for me that I have got to tell the world all about Jesus. His love is everlasting. His grace is sufficient. Yes, his mercy is new every morning. No matter what we're facing we can know this, that no matter what trial, what thorn we might be dealing with, God is there with us! He's with us in the heights, He's with us in the depths. 

He's on the mountain and He's in the valley! He is everywhere present. He never leaves us, nor does he forsake us! Oh, He has got me preaching from the rooftop this morning! The blog is late coming out this week, but this morning I realized after my time with Jesus that it wasn't ready yet. 

My friend, be encouraged today that all we do when the thorn in the flesh just irritates and bothers us is keep on praising and thanking our God! He is faithful. He will bring us through it. He will encourage us, and he will deliver us. Thank Him in it knowing that it was never Him that caused the problem to begin with. It's usually the flesh or the devil and we praise God that he gives us the victory in all these things because that's the benefit of our salvation. Be blessed today and in the days to come with your victory in Jesus' Name. 

Listen to the song, "Yesterday, today and Forever. Spot on for this topic. God bless you! 

This blog is reaching people all over the world! God is sending His Word out to the nations! Be blessed and filled dear friend and pass this message along to others. 

We love you so much! 

Love and blessings!

Denny & Hanny Stearns

 

Denny & Hanny Stearns

Fish N Loaves Ministries, Inc.

Multiplying God's Word around the globe!

Email: Denny.Stearns@gmail.com

Email: Hannylynn05@gmail.com

 

Website: www.Fishnloavesministries.org

Blog:Fishnloavesministries.blogspot.com

 

FNLM

 

Don't forget to go to our website and order your copy of my new book! It's getting fantastic reviews! It is sure to touch many hearts and lead people closer to Jesus. Share a copy with a friend or relative after you have read it and keep praying that this message will have a global reach!

 

 

Fish N Loaves Ministries Inc | Reflection Lakes Area | Ft Myers, FL 33907 US

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment